Artistic instrument as it is, a piano, like a sportscar or an airplane, is also a very technical piece of machinery to service and keep tuned-up. If you do this by keeping it clean, in-tune, and regulated, it will give you and your family joy for decades to come.
Below is a list of services offered. Click on each service for more information. Hover your mouse over each underlined term for a brief explanation. Some people may not need or want to learn about all the different services there are, they "just need their piano fixed." If this sounds like you, give me a call, and I can evaluate your piano based on the level of piano performance you want and give you an estimate. Many people, however, may find it interesting or helpful to educate themselves on what can go wrong with the inner workings of their pianos.
All prices include labor, parts, and travel to the Greater Sacramento / Auburn area (Sacramento County, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Citrus Heights, Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Auburn, Colfax, Cool, and Georgetown; click here for a service area map). If you are outside this area, I can still come, but will need to charge a fee of $0.75 per mile for travel.
- Index of services
- Appraisal: $50
- Standard tuning: $95
- Pitch-raise tuning: $20 - $50
- Complete action regulation: $250 - $400 uprights, $400 - $700 grands
- Partial action regulation: Price varies depending on needs
- Hammer voicing: Price varies depending on needs
- Dampp-Chaser Humidity Control System: $450 - $580
- Key top replacement & repair: $8 - $20 per key, $325 all white keys
- Key rebushing: $225
- Hammer replacement: $15 per hammer, $750 complete set
- Vertical piano butt & backcheck restoration: $400
- String repair: $20 - $60 per string, $1,000 - $1,600 entire piano
- Pinblock restoration: $90
- Pedal extensions: $75
- Other services: $50 / hr
↑ Top of page